Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Why do I want to write....

I recently started blogging and right now I am struggling to write on a regular basis. And I have been thinking about why I have not been writing so far.
1.      One major reason was not having the time. But I have come to realize that, that is really just an excuse. It is a combination of laziness and not being very serious about the intention. The laziness is of the mind – to put in the effort to do something new, give it the time and effort required to make sure that the outcome is of good quality. And that effort is put in only when we are serious about doing something.
2.      Another reason has been not being confident about being able to write well. The fear that what I write would not be good or readable. But then, that will change only if I keep writing and keep refining what I write. After all, like everything else, writing too can improve only with practice.
3.      Yet another reason – who will be interested in reading what I write? Maybe many may be none. But not writing is no way to find out if anyone is interested or not.
So I finally had this nice little discussion with myself on the above points and making very logical argument about each, I told myself that you (that is I J) have to write – that is start writing regularly.
As for why do I basically want to write? It is simply because I feel like writing, because I think I have things to say and share.
Of course there is a more interesting answer to this question.  Here goes – I want to write a lot and become very famous. I should become so famous that when I die, if someone goes to a publisher with material that I had written but that I didn’t dare publish while I was alive, publishers should be really interested in publishing that material. For I have a lot of stuff that I would like to tell the world that I don’t dare to while I am alive. J

No comments:

Post a Comment